• Melanie Mackenzie

Do I have to file a US tax return?

Updated: Jan 23

If you are a U.S. citizen or resident alien, the rules for filing income, estate, and gift tax returns and paying estimated tax are generally the same whether you are in the United States or abroad. Your worldwide income is subject to U.S. income tax, regardless of where you reside.

If you are a U.S. Citizen residing overseas, on the regular due date of your return, you are allowed an automatic 2-month extension to file your return without requesting an extension. For a calendar year return, the automatic 2-month extension is to June 15.  Note that you must pay any tax due by April 15 or interest will be charged starting from April 15.

See our article for more information on this HERE

Take our 60 second tax quiz to find out if you qualify

If you qualify for our service after taking our quiz then you are one of the majority of US expats working abroad that does not need an expensive tax service to file your US tax return. We can help you get your taxes done easily, accurately and for a reasonable fee. There are many companies out there offering expat tax services for flat fees but just like how sensible drivers end up paying more for car insurance because of careless drivers, you end up paying more for tax preparation because of other clients who have more complicated tax filing requirements than you. We don't think that's fair. We own and operate successful expat tax practices for clients with a lot more going on.  We created USTaxGlobal to help people like you so that you get the benefit of our world class services at a fraction of the cost.



USTaxGlobal - A Wyoming Corporation

© USTaxGlobal 2020

  • Facebook
  • Instagram